Thursday, June 27, 2019

Bears, Ghosts, Battlestar Galactica

Day: 5
Steps Taken: 35,370
Location: Yosemite National Park
Fun Fact: I'm getting really tired of barley making it on time

Sequoia the bear
Sequoia the bear
Photo by Michael Garcia


This morning Gabby and I went on a hike around 0500. We embarked on the Mist trail. There we met Sequoia the bear. Dale had named her that. The bear that Dale saw was still there. This whole trip I had been trying to see a bear and I finally got my wish. We continued on the path. My legs still feel like jello from the hike. It was straight up. The higher we got, the wetter we got from the Vernal Falls. After thinking about how we would look during our interviews that day, I decided to make the executive decision and head back down to dry off. 

Back to business
We made it to the nature walk with the junior park rangers. We had finally taken care of all that we needed to do. Gabby and I had been breaking our backs to get our stories taken care of before we leave and we had finally finished everything. Now we can actually enjoy the park. But, b-roll was on our mind. once we were done, I headed back to camp for a little r and r.

Dale and the boys
Storytelling with a ghost
Photo by Michael Garcia
We went to go see a John Muir impersonator for our final gathering as a class. It was funny to see Dale act like a little kid. The whole time I've known him, I always saw him as Dale, the professor. It was good to see him act out of character a little. After the play, Sam and I walked with Dale to fetch the van. On that walk, we got to know Dale a little. It was a good little send off for this trip. The whole time I wanted to get to know the man behind the trip. All in all, I got everything that I wanted out of this trip.


Tomorrow I would spend the whole day in an airport. But, it was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment